INVITATIONAL WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION AND CONTEST
The International Wildlife Museum is committed to wildlife conservation and this Invitational Photography Exhibition is designed to encourage photographers to capture a conservation message through photographs of live wildlife.
Conservation is the wise use of our natural resources, including wildlife. The International Wildlife Museum promotes science-based conservation
and sustainable use wildlife management.
The photo contest is open to legal residents of the United States. Employees of the International Wildlife Museum and Safari Club International/Foundation are not eligible to enter.
OFFICIAL RULES AND PROCEDURES
- The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Live wildlife (not in captivity) must be part of the photo. A caption of 50 words or less describing the conservation message must be submitted with each photo.
- Participants may submit up to three photos.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to lighting, exposure, color and contrast, red eye reduction) must be entered into the Digitally Altered/Photoshop category.
- Photos must not contain camera or user placed text. This includes date stamps, comments or titles. Text or wording that is part of the photography (i.e. a sign) is acceptable.
- Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see "Your Rights" below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to the International Wildlife Museum upon request.
- If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to the International Wildlife Museum upon request.
- Photos that are deemed obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening or otherwise inappropriate are strictly prohibited. The International Wildlife Museum reserves the right to refuse any photograph.
- The International Wildlife Museum respects the rights related to copyright laws and intellectual property. Use of a photo from other sources/people is prohibited.
- Participants grant permission to the International Wildlife Museum the use and rights associated with the use of the photograph in promotional publications, other media and marketing without compensation. Credit will be given for use of any photograph in any publication.
HOW TO ENTER
- Please submit files no larger than 2MB through our photo submission website and fill out the photo submission application.
- Files must be submitted electronically in a .jpg, .png or .tif form.
- The International Wildlife Museum reserves the right to reject any additional entries or entries that do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and International Wildlife Museum's decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Entrants may be asked to supply the highest resolution version of their photo anytime on or after October 1, 2016.
The entry period of the photo contest begins on May 21, 2016 and ends on September 30, 2016. Entries submitted before or after the entry period will not be eligible.
- Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, the conservation message implied and the overall impact, except that the People's Choice award will be determined based on which of the photos receives the most votes on the International Wildlife Museum's Hunting for the Best Shot – Moments in Conservation Photography Facebook page.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of non-museum employee judges. The panel will evaluate all valid entries and pick the winners in the following categories:
- Amateur Youth Photographer (photo taken by youth 12 years or younger)
- Amateur Young Adult Photographer (photo taken by youth 13-17 years of age)
- Amateur Adult Photographer (photo taken by an adult 18 years of age and older)
- Professional Photographer
- Digitally Altered/Photoshop category
- People's Choice/Honorable Mentions (25 or fewer honorable mentions from all the categories will be selected by the judging panel). At this time, the entrants will be notified of their status and the photos will appear on the International Wildlife Museum's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/wildlifemuseum). At that time, the public can vote for one People's Choice Winner from the up to 25 Honorable Mentions.
- All judging decisions are final.
- The International Wildlife Museum will notify the winners via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
- Photographs chosen by the judges will be included in a museum exhibit of Wildlife Conservation Photos, on display from November 18, 2016 – April 2017.
POTENTIAL WINNER REQUIREMENTS
Potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, including proof of age, and liability/publicity release within 14 days. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to return these documents on time, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place.
There will be one $100 prize awarded in each category (Amateur Youth Photographer, Amateur Young Adult Photographer, Amateur Adult Photographer, Professional Photographer, Digitally Altered/Photoshop category and People's Choice).
Questions about the contest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your photographs help the International Wildlife Museum spread the message of conservation and sustainable wildlife management. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant the International Wildlife Museum a royalty-free, non-exclusive right during the Photo Contest to:
- Display the photograph on the International Wildlife Museum's website (thewildlifemuseum.org)
- Display the photograph on the Photo Contest Facebook page (facebook.com/wildlifemuseum)
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as a winner or an honorable mention, you grant the International Wildlife Museum a royalty-free, non-exclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in the International Wildlife Museum's internal and external communications materials including but not limited to websites and web publications, advertising, printed publications, multimedia and the annual report.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the International Wildlife Museum's photo library online.
The International Wildlife Museum will give credit all photographs with the caption "Person's Name" when the full name is available.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the International Wildlife Museum, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.